Focusing On The Employee First
At Spotlight, cultivating a positive employee experience is of the utmost importance to our leadership team. To ensure we are providing a best-in-class working environment for each individual, Spotlight leadership inspired the creation of the Spotlight Employee Experience Committee (“ExCo” for short).
ExCo is an internal committee of six employees charged with sustaining Spotlight’s unique culture, advancing important internal initiatives and ensuring the voices of Spotlighters are heard on important topics. The committee meets with our CEO Rick Nash, and myself on a monthly basis to discuss topics that have been brought forth by employees. Having Spotlight employees serve as an extension of the management team is one of the things that we believe make Spotlight different and ensures alignment, accountability and two-way communication.
The work done by ExCo, in partnership with our leadership team, supports the idea of an employee-centric community. How can we continue to help our employees bring their best selves to work every day and feel like they have a good work / life harmony? Below are nine ways we continue to provide the best work experience to our Spotlight family.
Nine Ways Spotlight Supports Their Employees
- Spotlighter Days: It’s simple: No meetings after 2pm every Friday. This provides an opportunity for employees to finish any work they need to enjoy their weekend, have a happy hour with colleagues, volunteer or get a jump start on their weekend.
- “Me Days”: After a big deliverable, employees are strongly encouraged to take a “Me Day” to decompress and relax.
- Flex Work Arrangements: All employees can take advantage of flex work arrangements – we empower and trust our employees to be productive from anywhere they choose.
- Unlimited PTO: Since day one, Spotlight has offered an unlimited PTO policy. We just ask that employees work with their supervisors and team to ensure proper coverage while they’re out.
- Parental Leave Policy: Provides coverage for primary caregivers at 16 weeks full pay and secondary caregivers for 6 weeks full pay.
- Community Enrichment Team: Drives education, discussion and action on matters related to cultural competency and philanthropy.
- Health + Wellness Team: Focuses on all aspects of life, including physical, mental, spiritual, workplace, financial and social health and wellness. This team has connected Spotlight employees with free access to a Wellness Coach as well as gym discounts for their entire family.
- Fun Committee: This group is focused on exactly what you’d think.. fun! They help keep things fun and fresh from happy hours at the office to team-building activities.
- Women of Spotlight: This is our most recent initiative with the mission to foster a healthy and engaging environment for women to openly discuss relevant topics, raise awareness around unique challenges women face, and continue to inspire the next generation of female leaders at Spotlight.
A Work / Life Harmony
Providing our employees with programs that support healthy work / life harmony is our responsibility as an employer and members of the greater Kansas City community. We remain committed to continuously identifying ways to encourage employees to live their best lives – both personally and professionally.
Interested in becoming part of our Spotlight team? Check out our available positions!